About British Asia Equipment (BAE) – Corporate Profile
Formed in 1980, British Asia Equipment (BAE) has grown to be one of the most recognised and successful suppliers of diesel generators in the UK today. Our growth has been thanks to a simple approach – providing rapid and comprehensive customer service, whatever the requirement and wherever in the world it may be. Around half our annual turnover is exported, and we have supplied customers in over 60 countries to date.The British Asia Equipment (BAE) name and brand has been associated with generators, manufacturing and installations and associated switchgear for over 27 years.
The current management team and Board of Directors have been in place for over seven years. British Asia Equipment (BAE) is a UK-based manufacturer, supplier, installer and contractor for diesel generators. The company provides spare parts for all major brands of industrial diesel engines, generators, control systems and peripheral equipment including MTU, Perkins, Cummins, Volvo and Lister Petter. British Asia Equipment (BAE) operates nationally and internationally with dealers located on all the major continents. British Asia Equipment (BAE) provides full service cover throughout the UK 24/7 365 days a year and provides warranty support for MTU, Cummins and Perkins engines. Whilst British Asia Equipment (BAE) is a wholly independent manufacturer, earlier this year it became an authorised dealer for Cummins equipment in the UK, improving its parts distribution network and engine supply chain.
At British Asia Equipment (BAE) we offer full project capability, from initial ideas stage through to generator specification, logistics planning, on-site installation, commissioning and testing of electrical and mechanical equipment through to subsequent warranty support, maintenance and aftercare. We provide a complete service to deliver a fully operational power generation installation system, be it large or small and powered by conventional diesel or more modern fuels that reduce our clients’ carbon footprint. Recent legislation governing the control and use of diesel engines, specifically with regards to emissions in the Rental sector (the legislation does not apply to static machinery), has caused British Asia Equipment (BAE) to reflect on and specify whenever engine availability allows, the least polluting engine(s) possible.
Being Strong on Leadership
Our commitment as principal contractor for the supply of power generation systems and equipment means we take full responsibility (subject to contract) for all generator plant, all associated switchgear and controls, mechanical movement and installation equipment, all underpinned by Method Statements, Risk Assessments and partnering with the main contractor.
Our Professional expertise
British Asia Equipment (BAE) also has a great depth of knowledge in specialist fuel tanks, fuel management, pumping and fuel systems linked to generators. British Asia Equipment (BAE) can provide as necessary FAT testing prior to delivery and SAT once equipment has been installed on site.
Our Design and Build
British Asia Equipment (BAE) has directly installed projects all over the world including, Nigeria, Ghana and Iraq. British Asia Equipment (BAE) has a proven track record that demonstrates expertise in generator project delivery including a wide range of installations where space is restricted in basements, rooftops and plant rooms with minimal access. Recent projects include 5 x 2.2mVA MTU powered gensets for a data centre in central London, supply of 4 x 1750kVA MTU 11kV generators each synchronised at a power station in Nigeria, and a rooftop installation in a plant room at a famous hotel in central London.
The company has 9 divisions
British Asia Equipment (BAE) Manufacture of Generators
- We build Perkins Diesel generators from 10kVA up to 2200kVa here in the UK
- We offer a range of Volvo based Diesel generators also built in the UK from 200kVa up to 635kVA
British Asia Equipment (BAE) Industrial Generators Division
- Diesel generator supply from 10 to 3375kVA
- Open or acoustically enclosed generators
- Full installation design and project management service for major installations
- Supply of all peripheral equipment and accessories
- Complementary products including ATS, Start on Demand and Remote Monitoring devices
British Asia Equipment (BAE) Domestic Generators Division
- Any size from 3.5kVA up to 60KVA
- Advice on sizing and full installation available
- Integration with other equipment such as inverters, wind generators, solar panels and start on demand
British Asia Equipment (BAE) Control Systems Division
- Control panels and systems for generators
- Low Voltage Switchgear
- Motor Control Centres
- Synchronise panels, G59 Relay protection
British Asia Equipment (BAE) Spare Parts and Components Division
- Fast moving parts available off-the-shelf
- 24/7 delivery both for Export and UK markets
- All major manufacturers supported with OEM guaranteed
British Asia Equipment (BAE) Installations Division
- Full Turnkey projects capability headed up by a team of electrical and mechanical design engineers
- Major project completions include Data Centres for mission critical applications, Hospitals where life threatening and critical support is essential and Power Plant applications abroad where a mains supply is not possible
- Generators are built at our UK factory using the most appropriate engine for the application
British Asia Equipment (BAE) Service and Repair Division
- Diesel generator maintenance, repair and spare parts supply
- Any model and manufacturer
- 24 hour call-out service available
- Immediate parts availability from stock
- Remote monitoring service
- Specialist Fire pump service and repair
British Asia Equipment (BAE) CKD (Complete Knock Down) and SKD (Semi Knock Down)
- We are able to ship partly built generators (SKD) for customers with local assembly capability.
- CKD – Engines, alternators, base frame and Control Panels can be shipped in packages for Export to save on Import Duty and local Tariffs.
- Integrity of OEM guaranteed
British Asia Equipment (BAE) Hire Division
- Hire of Generators from 10 – 1000kVA for hire
- Load banks up to 1MW for hire and in combination. Off site facility available
- Plant operation and maintenance service
Our customer service team will provide advice on each of our customer’s specific requirements. We also arrange all freight, shipping and insurance as necessary for our customers, all over the world.
Whether your application is domestic or industrial, base-load or standby, UK or overseas, British Asia Equipment (BAE) can meet your requirements.
Power your world with British Asia Equipment (BAE)